I know what you’re thinking – usually made with cheese, often with eggs and often baked. Nothing about that says raw or vegan.
I have recently started enjoying raw recipes more and more. Not because I’m lazy and hate cooking – I love cooking. But there is something so much more wholesome and energising about using ingredients uncooked because you haven’t changed their texture or composition in any way.
So without further ado, here are 5 raw cheesecake recipes that you seriously have to try!
1. Raw Lavender & Beetroot Cheesecake
This is an absolutely awesome, unique flavour combination. Lavender and beetroot. Check this out, by TasteMade:
- The base for this raw cheesecake recipe is made from coconut flour, almond flour, beet pulp, coconut oil, maple syrup and a few extra bits
- The ‘cheese’ layer is made from coconut meat, cashews, and some other ingredients for flavour
- The pink layer is made from coconut, cashew, lavender of course, and beet juice
2. Raw Lemon And Lime Cheesecake
Lemon and lime is a classic citrus combination and made even better with the fresh, raw, untouched taste to it. By Lee Supercharged
- The base is made from cashews, coconut and stevia
- The ‘cheese’ filling is made from cashews again, as well as lime zest and juice from 2 lemons and 2 limes plus some coconut milk
3. Raw Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
Russell James, The Raw Chef, has come up with delicious, festive pumpkin pie cheesecake recipe, and yes it is indeed raw.
- The crust is made from coconut flour, oat flour and a few other treats for texture and flavour
- The filling is made from cashews, pumpkin flesh, carrot juice and a few other flavours and spices
4. Raw Fireworks Cheesecake
By Starting Out Raw, this is probably my favourite one. By combining blueberries and raspberries to create a fruit swirl, not only do you get to enjoy a beautiful work of art, but the freshness of the mixed berries is something that will keep you smiling any time of year
5. Raw Cheesecake Recipe: Chocolate
It wouldn’t be possible to really talk about desserts without mentioning a chocolate option. So here you go – a simple, quick to prepare raw chocolate cheesecake! Enjoy it!
If you have any raw cheesecake or raw vegan cheesecake recipes to share, feel free to let us know. We’re always on the look out for great recipes.